General informationNorwest Private Hospital aims to be the leading private hospital in the North West of Sydney, with all employees committed to a culture of continuous improvement.
We achieve this by providing safe patient care, quality outcomes and a high level of satisfaction to all of our customers, developing our key specialties, supporting and valuing our employees, and developing good relationships with our doctors and community.
Patients undergoing surgery at Norwest Private Hospital may be required to participate in our Pre-admission Clinic, which will enable us to identify special requirements, answer questions and complete all documentation and tests ordered by your doctor. This helps to streamline the admission process, making your day of surgery as stress free as possible.
If you are undergoing major surgery, please personally attend the hospital for your pre-admission assessment. Patients undergoing surgery requiring only a short hospital stay may be assessed by telephone.
You will be advised if you will be required to attend a pre-admission clinic after your booking is processed.
What to bring
- Relevant paperwork and health fund information
- All medications currently being taken (in original container or box)
- All relevant x-rays
- Glasses, hearing aids or other aids
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing
- Please do not bring additional belongings with you.
Preparation for admission
- Shower with an antimicrobial soap (available from pharmacies) the day before and the morning of your surgery, with particular attention to groins and armpits and any skin folds.
- Take any regular medications used to control blood pressure with a sip of water when you regularly take them, regardless of fasting instructions.
- Do not take any tablets used for controlling diabetes. If you normally use insulin, please contact your doctor for specific advice.
- Do not chew, smoke, eat or drink (including water) from midnight the night before if you are having morning surgery, or from 7am if you are having afternoon surgery.
- Do not wear jewellery other than a wedding band.
- Do not wear make-up or nail polish.
For Day surgery, please go to main reception on the ground floor. You will then be directed to the location for admission.
With the exception of paediatric patients who may be accompanied by one parent or guardian, relatives and friends are not permitted into the unit.
The admitting nurse will inform you and your relatives of an approximate time for discharge and collection.
Please ensure that you have arranged for a responsible adult to collect you on discharge and to care for you for 24 hours after your surgery.
For patients who are having surgery on the day of admission and staying overnight or longer, please go to the Main Reception on the ground floor before proceeding to the Surgical Admission Centre on Level 1.
Admission Centre staff will get you ready for your operation and check your medications.
All of your belongings, other than the clothes you are wearing and your medication should be left with a family member or friend who can meet you with your belongings in the ward after your surgery.
If you would like a quote for a procedure and stay at Norwest Private, please send our Estimation Clerk an email email@example.com details of the procedure that you would like to book, including the following information:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Surgeon Name
- Possible Date of Surgery
- MBS Item Numbers for Surgery
- Day Stay or Overnight Stay
We constantly measure our patient's satisfaction in regard to the care and services they receive, and we seek ways to improve how we meet their expectations.
As a patient or former patient, you may be asked to respond to a questionnaire designed to gauge your level of satisfaction with our hospital facilities or services.
We hope you will take the few minutes required to complete the survey as your comments are important to us.