Once you have seen your chosen obstetrician for your first appointment, go to our eAdmission portal
If you are using eAdmissions for the first time:
- Select ‘Create Account’
- Enter your details and create a password
- Click validate. We will text a validation code to your phone, enter code into the box on screen and select OK.
- Click ‘start new admission’ and follow the prompts.
If you are a returning patient:
- Log in with your email address and password
- Select the ‘copy’ button next to your previous admission which will copy over your details and most of your previous medical history for you to verify.
The eAdmission process is divided into two parts; admission forms and health
history. Once your eAdmission is lodged, our Maternity Booking staff will process your booking, call you to make a midwife appointment and process your health fund
We’re looking forward to seeing you.
This consultation is a wonderful opportunity to ask all your questions about the birth of your baby. We’ll also record your antenatal history, and generally make sure you’re ready for your stay.
To save you from taking notes, you’ll be given a maternity information pack full of information about our maternity unit, classes, and a list of FAQs.
Need to know: health fund information
Do you know your level of health cover?
Health insurance is an important part of budgeting for the birth of your baby. To minimise out of pocket expenses, Norwest Private Hospital has negotiated agreements with all major health funds. While that’s a great start for you, it’s really important to consider other factors.
For instance, most health funds do not automatically cover neonatal care, unless family cover has been in place for three months. So, if you only have singles health insurance, consider a transfer to family cover at least three months before your expected date of delivery.
If you stay on singles cover and your baby is unwell and requires admission to our Special Care Nursery, you’ll need to settle the baby’s account on discharge from the hospital. If you’re expecting a multiple birth, singles health insurance will only cover one baby during your hospital stay. Family health insurance is highly advisable.
Given the above, it’s best to contact your health fund as soon as possible so there are no financial surprises.
If you’re not insured and would like to have your baby at Norwest Private Hospital, please contact us on 02 8882 8807 to discuss fees.
We believe in transparency, so whatever your cover, an estimate of costs and any out of pocket excess or co-payments associated with your hospital stay will be sent to you following your pre-admission consultation.
If you don't have private health insurance, you are still welcome to stay with us
Even without private health insurance you are welcome to have your baby with us.
As a self-funded patient you will enjoy all the benefits of a stay at Norwest Private Maternity with the highest standard of care.
- You will be supported by our highly experienced team of midwives
- Access to birthing suites with state-of-the-art technology for the care of mother and baby
- Stay in our modern spacious rooms and enjoy our delicious healthy meals
- Partners will be able to stay so you can both share this exciting time together
- After birth, there’s an education programme that covers everything you need to know to care for your baby and getting ready to go home
- Even after you go home, you will have access to the advice and experience of our midwives through our Early Childhood Clinic, available to all babies born at Norwest Private Hospital at no charge for the first 12 weeks.
Contact us for a competitive cost estimate at Norwest Private Maternity Bookings 02 8882 8807 or email email@example.com