Once you have seen your chosen obstetrician for your first appointment, go to our eAdmission portal
If you are using eAdmissions for the first time:
- Select ‘Create Account’
- Enter your details and create a password
- Click validate. We will text a validation code to your phone, enter code into the box on screen and select OK.
- Click ‘start new admission’ and follow the prompts.
If you are a returning patient:
- Log in with your email address and password
- Select the ‘copy’ button next to your previous admission which will copy over your details and most of your previous medical history for you to verify.
The eAdmission process is divided into two parts; admission forms and health
history. Once your eAdmission is lodged, our Maternity Booking staff will process your booking, call you to make a midwife appointment and process your health fund
We’re looking forward to seeing you.
This consultation is a wonderful opportunity to ask all your questions about the birth of your baby. We’ll also record your antenatal history, and generally make sure you’re ready for your stay. If you feel that you don't need the face-to-face appointment, you can choose to talk with the midwife over the phone. You'll be given the option at the time of booking.
To save you from taking notes, you’ll be given a maternity information pack full of information about our maternity unit, classes, and a list of FAQs.
Need to know: health fund information
Do you know your level of health cover?
Health insurance is an important part of budgeting for the birth of your baby. To minimise out of pocket expenses, Norwest Private Hospital has negotiated agreements with all major health funds. While that’s a great start for you, it’s really important to consider other factors.
For instance, most health funds do not automatically cover neonatal care, unless family cover has been in place for three months. So, if you only have singles health insurance, consider a transfer to family cover at least three months before your expected date of delivery.
If you stay on singles cover and your baby is unwell and requires admission to our Special Care Nursery, you’ll need to settle the baby’s account on discharge from the hospital. If you’re expecting a multiple birth, singles health insurance will only cover one baby during your hospital stay. Family health insurance is highly advisable.
Given the above, it’s best to contact your health fund as soon as possible so there are no financial surprises.
If you’re not insured and would like to have your baby at Norwest Private Hospital, please contact us on 02 8882 8807 to discuss fees.
We believe in transparency, so whatever your cover, an estimate of costs and any out of pocket excess or co-payments associated with your hospital stay will be sent to you following your pre-admission consultation.
Self-funded maternity package
Care, every baby step of the way, without private health insurance
You don’t need to have private cover to have your baby with us. By choosing to self-fund you’ll have the same private patient comfort and care loved by so many other mums.
Included in the package
- Option for a 2-night short-stay or 4-night stay for either vaginal or Caesarean delivery
- You’ll stay in a modern, spacious room and enjoy truly delicious, healthy meals
- Our experienced midwives are here for you. Lactation support available
- Your partner can stay too, so you can both share this exciting time
- The postnatal parent education program will prepare you for going home
- The Early Childhood Clinic is run by our experienced midwives and provides wonderful advice
Not included in the package
- Obstetrician fees
- Anaesthetist fees (epidural or Caesarean)
- Paediatrician fees
- Special Care Nursery fees
- Allied Health fees
- Additional night stay fee
For an estimate please contact Maternity Bookings on 02 8882 8807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org