Information for GPs
For patients requiring rapid and urgent admission, please call our Emergency Department on the dedicated GP Hotline 8882 8784 available 24 hours and 7 days.
Upcoming GP events
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Quality Assurance and Continuing Professional Development Program (QA & CPD) includes the promotion of GP participation in effective and efficient quality assurance and continuing professional development by encouraging and identifying high quality activities for GPs.
Healthscope has achieved both Endorsed Provider (Category 2) and Accredited Provider (Category 1) status with the RACGP.
Our dedicated continuation of education programs assist general practitioners to fulfil their accreditation criteria set out by the RACGP.
After attending this event, participants willbe able to:
- Utilise current guidelines and recommendations for PSA testing
- Describe management plans based on interpretation of PSA screening results
- Identify early signs and symptoms of bladder cancer
- Undertake an assessment of when patients should be referred for bladder cancer
- Develop a comprehensive management plan for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Describe new medical therapies in BPH and discuss their place in treatment
Wednesday 17 Oct 2018
Norwest Private Hospital (Conference Room – Ground Floor)
Dr Max Dias – Urological Surgeon
DrTania Hossack - Urological Surgeon
Dr Richard Haddad - Urological Surgeon
Application has been made for Category 2 (4points) CPD accreditation and is subject to approval by the RACGP.
After attending this event, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate candidates for bariatric surgery & determine which patients require urgent review or intervention
- Describe the common causes & management of benign breast lumps & to refer on appropriately those which are suspicious
- Identify primary pain generators that contribute to low back pain
- Outline the clinical features of IBS and spectrum of functional disorder
- Outline investigation and management of the thyroid nodule
- Identify sudden onset sensory neural hearing loss
- Analyse the risk factors associated with infection in patients with leg ulcers.
Saturday 3rd November 2018
9:00 am – 4:30 pm (Registration from 8:20 am)
The Hills Lodge
1 Salisbury Road, Castle Hill NSW
Dr Michael Devadas - Upper Gastrointestinal, General & Metabolic Surgeon
Dr Muzib Abdul-Razak - Head & Neck Surgeon and Surgical Oncologist
Dr Nick Ngui – General, Breast and Thyroid Surgeon
Dr Shanu Gambhir – Neurosurgeon (Brain & Spine)
Dr Abdul Haidary - Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist
Dr Vanaja Sivapathasingam - Adult and Paediatric ENT Surgeon
Dr Raymond Kwok - Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
Dr Daniel Nguyen - Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
Application has been made for Category one accreditation (40 CPD points) and is subject to approval by the RACGP
For further information about Category 1 & 2 activities and sponsorship please contact:
0418 809 424